Sunday, January 29, 2017

Cactus

Training in Arizona has been going well. I'm building better training habits and taking advantage of the great weather and abundance of climbing. This drive out was a huge success. Seeing the country was one of the coolest things I have experienced. I felt like every cross country road trip movie had it spot on. Plus it seemed like each song on the radio was the soundtrack to my journey. Really killer stuff. I left Waterford Michigan, drove to Oklahoma City, then to Albuquerque and finally ending in Sierra Vista Az. Sierra Vista is a pretty chill town. It's a military town so there really isn't a ton going on. Thats great for training. Nothing to do but train and eat tacos. A little update on the weeks to come. The next race is True Grit 100 in Utah. It'll be my second 100 miler and I am more optimistic about this one than Lumberjack 100. Lumberjack was fun, but I bonked hard. I didn't take my nutrition seriously and committed to the wrong fuel source. This time I have more miles and nutrition experience under my belt. It's been fun and I look forward to the rest of the time here.
Post VO2 Max workout. I was really trashed. 
A little hike to a waterfall with Jason. Unreal views. 

No comments:

Post a Comment