Friday, October 21, 2016

3T/ Quack Media In More Detail/ Some Photos and a Pre-Weekend Update.

As I have previously said I will be racing on the newly founded 3T/ Quack Media Gravel/Cyclocross/Mountain Bike/Cool Guy team. I'm super excited about the bike. But first a confession that I hate coming off as a product-pedaling-Drug-Dealer esque Rider. I can't stand the "Ride this cause I'm a fast rider and I do" post. I feel like its easy to see through that. If i'm passionate about or excited for the product i'll let people know, if not i'll keep my mouth shut.  But I am excited about the 3T Exploro. I'm a motivated racer, but I train like a epic-hippie-dirtbag-adventure rider, minus all the bags. I don't let the bike i'm riding dictate the terrain i'm going to shred. Just because i'm riding a road bike doesn't mean i'm not going to ride the pump track or ride that single track. It's for this reason that I train on my Cross bike or Mountain Bike the most. 3T has combined the two (See Below).
Beyond Sick, It's Rotten. 


It's Aero, it can take the mileage, the dirt and it's supposed to be extra fast. I'll always be a mountain biker. I've been at the craft for many years and no matter how hard I try to be a roadie the forests draw me back in with their beautiful siren song. This next year will be no different, but I will be on the 3T for most the season. I'll put most my focus into the Big Three: Lumberjack 100, Ore 2 Shore and Iceman. But I'll be on the 3T for the ever growing Michigan Gravel Scene: Waterloo, Barry Roubaix, Both Lowell 50's, MMM, Cone De Azalea and Cross. I'll also be making a point to use 3T's carbon components for my mountain bike to lighten the bike and increase performance. 

A Pre-Weekend/Training Update.

Lowell 50 is this weekend and it's two weeks out from Iceman. Training is going well and the taper has begun. Tapering is hard for me. When the mileage drops I have more time and I become pretty easily agitated. It's always been this way. I think it's because training isn't work for me, it's what I do on my free time and I feel like when I taper someone is cutting into my free time. Plus i'm a super spazz so when I get more energetic I become a bit of a loose cannon. So right now my energy levels are beginning to rise as my fatigue levels are low. Workouts are phasing into more fast and sharp and no longer with the purpose of base or strength building. We used to say when I was a Wolverine: The hay is in the Barn.  The long hours are done, don't let the hay get wet or the barn burn, before we sell it (Iceman). Lowell 50 Fall edition is going to be excited. The spring Lowell was one of my first road races of 2016 and was a little over 6 months after I started actively training as a cyclist. I missed the break halfway through and went chasing after them solo. I chased like a madman and didn't have enough race to catch them. So this edition I feel like I have some unfinished business. 

Mike and I in the front around a turn.
One thing that I hope to accomplish this weekend is to race and have fun. I have a lot of fun when I train because I am a bit more spontaneous. I'll throw down an six minute surge on a friend if i'm feeling good, I don't care that we're friends or that i'm hurting. I just do it. I'd like to be a little less hesitant and seize more opportunities, AKA have more fun. Other than that I'd like to use the race a tuneup. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Pro Tip 1203-3, section 2, appendix A: Push the pedals down harder and faster than your opponent.

Scotty Albaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment