Friday, October 28, 2016

Week In Review/Pre Weekend Update

This past week I have been overly tired. I can't put my finger on why, but I am guessing it is because of a hard last week of training. Therefore this week I took as a major recovery week. There really isn't huge gains I can make between now and Iceman so why dig myself into a hole for no reason. This week consisted of a max duration of a 70 minute ride and lots of rest. As I have stated before I have a hard time tapering and recovery in general. So I spend a disproportionate amount of time reminding myself that Iceman is what I do this for, not just for the enjoyment of training. I'm feeling more rested and under control come today. This is good because I am racing the Bloomer CX race in Rochester as a tuneup for Iceman. I am pretty excited to race it, firstly because I really enjoy cyclocross but also because CX at Bloomer has quite a history that I am just now learning about. In one of the first runnings of Bloomer Jeremey Powers won it. Very cool. I'm excited.

Jeremy Powers National Champ.



Jump before the barriers, not after.

Scotty Albaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment