Monday, October 31, 2016

One Week Out

We are into the last week of my season. Iceman is Saturday and this week is all about recovery. Last week was a bit rough for me. I had one of those weeks where I'm not sick but i'm not exactly well. My heart rate was at least 20 beats higher than it usually is and I was a bit congested. This really showed at bloomer this weekend. I had a good start but eventually went into damage control to finish 5th overall. I spent the second half of the race trying to prevent a masters rider from passing me. After a brief period of a strange mix of embarrassment and anger I eventually refocussed and held him off. I'm not butthurt. Some races all you can do is just maintain position, and make the person behind you really earn it. The rest of the weekend was spent recovering, getting aquatinted with the couch and sleeping. The rest of this week will be spent being disciplined. Not riding too hard, going to bed on time and not thinking too much about Iceman. It's been a really fun year, and I really hope to close the year off with a good one.
Hurting a little

The Results

  The race is only as long as the race is.

Scotty Albaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment